Alisha Sue Tomasino
Alisha is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients with professionalism,
knowledge and compassion. She has successfully litigated complex family
law cases, including high net-worth divorces, closely-held family businesses,
pre-nuptial agreements, gifted and inherited assets, modification, high-conflict
custody and parenting disputes, military divorces, guardianships, removal,
paternity and contempt matters.
Alisha is certified in mediation and conciliation, and has significant
experience as a neutral in resolving disputes between parties.
Alisha is a Guardian ad Litem appointed by the Court to investigate issues
relative to children and make recommendations which assist the Court to
make decisions in the best interests of the children.
Alisha has appeared as a legal commentator on MSNBC, on WBZ radio and in
various news publications. She is published in the LexisNexis Massachusetts
Family Law Practice Guide and has spoken on various topic with Massachusetts
Continuing Legal Education and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
In 2016, Boston Magazine recognized Ms. Tomasino as a "Super Lawyer,"
an honor given to just 5% of practicing attorneys in Massachusetts.
Previously, was recognized as a "Rising Star" by Boston Magazine,
an honor awarded to only 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40 in Massachusetts.
Alisha is a founding member of the Greater Boston Family Law American Inn
of Court, an association of attorneys committed to proficiency, professionalism
and pro bono efforts. She belongs to the Massachusetts Bar Association,
Women's Bar Association, and the Middlesex and Norfolk County Bar
Alisha attended the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, majoring in
History and Legal Studies, and obtained her law degree at Suffolk University
Law School. After graduation from Suffolk Law, Alisha was honored to be
a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations
- Mediation and Conciliation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Mediation, MA Probate & Family Court
- Conciliation, MA Probate & Family Court
- Certified Financial Litigator
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Major: History/ Legal Studies
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court, Founding Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Member
- Norfolk County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Kajko, Weisman, Colasanti & Stein, LLP, Partner , 2006 - 2013
- Zisson & Veara, Attorney , 2002 - 2006
- Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, Law Clerk, 2000 - 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- MSNBC as a Legal Commentator
- Mentor, Women’s Bar Foundation
- Lawyer of the Day